Laimikis.lt is an interdisciplinary platform for public and community art, urban research, non-formal learning and activism. We treat public spaces as an open space for playful communication and our main principle is a dialogue with local communities and interaction with passers-by. “Laimikis.lt” was registered as NGO in 2o1o, while as a creative group we have got 6 years experience in these areas:
• developing and putting in action scenarios for revitalization of public spaces;
• exploring and developing tools for communication and cooperation with local communities;
• initiating research, educational and art activities (workshops, lections, educational art projects) in the field of urban and media studies. Many of our projects promote informal citizen education.
• documenting street styles, interviewing passers-by and supporting young designers by promoting their collections;
• initiating urban games and arranging urban art interventions, encouraging interaction between passers-by and forming an emotional scape of the place.
We are grateful to citizens and colleagues, who support our initiatives in public space and keep us inspired!
And we are open for all kinds of collaboration, focused on redeveloping public spaces, neighbourhoods and arranging creative and educative activities:)
Our blog serves both as an information channel during the periods we arrange actions in public spaces and as a starting platform for young photographers, reporters, and activists.
Projects and initiatives (selected, click for more info):
• 2o12 – Stories Generator, specially for Researchers Nights 2012
• 2o12 – Street Komoda, a result of the workshop run by Jekaterina Lavrinec (Laimikis.lt)
• 2o11 – Dispatchwork LT as a part of Dispatchwork world net (run by Mantė J.)
• 2o11 – Soundwalk (Citylophone) at “Street Musician’s Day 2011″, Vilnius.
• 2o1o-2o12 – Urban Soundscapes: Next Stop.
• 2o1o – “Web 0. Street Blog. Ver. 3″. Collaborative project for Stirling, UK.
• 2oo9 – Color Splash, a public art event + collective exhibition in Russian Art Gallery, Vilnius.
• 2oo9 – 2o12 – “Web 0. Street Blog”, an open communication platform, designed for public places. Vln/Kns/Stirling
• 2oo9 – 2o12 – Burbuliatorius (“Bubble your city”). A regular public event in more than 15 cities in LT, UK and Scandinavia.
• 2oo8 – 2o12 – Linking Things. Promoting young designers & artists.
• 2oo7 – 2oo9 – Wind packing. Series of art interventions in public spaces. Lithuania.
• 2oo7 – 2o1o – Street fashion photography: mapping street styles (resulted in series of collective exhibitions at Colette (Paris), Gallery Mittwoch (Berlin), and Modern Art Gallery “Ў” (Minsk), was presented as a column at daily newspapers and magazines – “15 min”, “pravda.lt”, “Fashion Theory” (Moscow), Chinese lifestyle portal “Sokuke”).
• Jekaterina Lavrinec: researcher in the fields of media and urban studies, PhD in humanities / urban art, community art projects (Jekaterina.Lavrinec@gmail.com);
• Julius Narkūnas: architecture, photography, public relations / urban art, community art projects (Julius@Laimikis.lt).
• Dovilė Macijauskaitė
Team of creative practitioners, designers & photographers:
• Stasys Čhepulis/St.Čhe (Vilnius/Moscow): designer • Sergey Pervushin (Moscow): designer • Giedrė Juzėnaitė (Vilnius/London): reporter • Inga Kallibery (Petersburg): photographer • Svetlana Koršunova (Vilnius): photographer • Dovilė Remeikaitė (Kaunas): photographer • Darja Voitenko (Klaipėda / Vilnius) • Inga Lukšaitė (Klaipėda / Barcelona): reporter, photographer
- Contact us: laimikis(@)laimikis.lt
We seek for authors and partners for collaborative projects!