Together with partners from Europe, we participated in these projects.
Rural Cultural Planning
Project title: RuralCulturalPlanning Duration: 2022-2023 Partners: Three municipalities from 3 different countries: Denmark, Latvia, and Lithuania. In Latvia, the chosen territory for the pilot project is located in the city of Ligatne in the region Vidzeme. In Denmark, the chosen municipality is Billund’s Museums of Municipalities (Billund Kommunes Museer). The chosen town in Lithuania will…
I_Improve (Innovative, Informal Methodologies for Practical, River-Oriented and Versatile Education) is a cooperative European project co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
About the project INSIDE VIEWS — Fieldwork Methods of Social Anthropology to Promote Civic, Cultural and Intercultural Education The project gathers professionals of non-formal education, social anthropologists, society museums curators, artists, social workers, civic and intercultural professionals who are looking for new pedagogical tools aiming at valorising cultural diversity, including diversity of heritage and cultural…
About the project The Grundtvig partnership “InterContext: Contributions of Civic and Cultural Education in Disadvantaged Local Contexts” explored how civic and cultural education can promote social cohesion and local development in disadvantaged local contexts. The partners analysed and compared their working contexts and exchanged experiences and know-how in order to develop approaches to strengthen participation,…
• 2o18, March 22-24, Espoo/Helsinki: Nordic Urban Laboratory. Jekaterina runs a workshop in urban games.
• 2o18, Feb 15 – Riga, Culturability meeting on Cultural Planning (Poland-Germany-Denmark-Finland-Lithuania-Latvia-Norway).
• 2o18, Jan 28 – Feb 3 – London, Manchester, Belfast: UK study tour “Arts and social inclusion”, British Council.
• 2o17, Dec – Jekaterina Lavrinec was awarded the Vilnius Bee sign for the works for Vilnius and its communities. Public award.
• 2o17, Dec 8-17 – Shenzhen (China), Bi-city Biennale for Urbanism and Architecture. Laimikis.lt presents an exhibition “Urban patchwork”, devoted to the wooden Šnipiškės.
• 2o17, Dec – Riga, Culturability meeting on Cultural Planning (Poland-Germany-Denmark-Finland-Lithuania-Latvia-Norway)
• 2o17, Sept 17 – School of Citizen Artist at Šančiai Library, Kaunas;
• 2o17, July 5 – 13 / August 29 – September 2: Urbingo game for Liverpool. Hosted by Engage Liverpool;
• 2o17, June : Culturability: cultural planning & games seminar;
• 2o17, June 8-9: Reaktor: cultural planning workshop, Visaginas;
• 2o17, May 25-28: TEH83: Sharing Communities, ROJC, Pula, Croatia;
• 2o17, May 20-21: Coordinate System, the Urban Art Platform of Eastern Europe, Forum, Berlin;
• 2o17, May 17-20: Baltic Audience Links – “Urban Participation” Seminar & Workshop, hosted by the Baltic Sea Cultural Center, Gdansk;
• 2o17, April 7-8: Co-urbanism, hosted by Laimikis.lt, Vilnius;
• 2o17, March 8-11: CitizensLab meeting in Brussels;
• 2o17, March 1-3: Culturability working group on Cultural planning at Pori, Finland.
• 2o17, Feb 21-23: Conference Audience Links Xchange. J. Lavrinec as a key speaker: presenting the research on Baltic Audience Links. The moderator of the Baltic NGOs session.
• 2o17, Jan 17-22: Urbingo workshop for Cartierul Creativ Carolina, Alba Iulia, Romania (CitizensLab).
• 2o16, Oct 26: Forum “Culture and Sustainable Development”, paper: Creativity and social innovation for community development (Jekaterina Lavrinec).
• 2o16, Sept 24-27: Spatial Development Forum, Xtreme Urbanism. St. Petersburg, Russia. Crash-course in DIY urban culture and pannel for the Baltic DIY culture, dr. J. Lavrinec (Laimikis.lt) is one of the key speakers.
• 2o16, June 23-26: Citizens Lab: 12 European cities, 36 neighborhoods. MitOst e.V., Berlin.
• 2o16, June 16-17: Policy Area Culture, Warsaw
• 2o16, June 10-11: Baltic Sea NGO Forum, Gdansk. Key speaker for the topic “Meaning of the culture for the cooperative urban development”.
• 2o16, May 27-30: City Makers Summit, Amsterdam. Laimikis.lt is a City Embassy for Vilnius:)
• 2o16, April: Culturability meeting, hosted by Ars Baltica, Rendsburg.
• 2o16, March 30: “Vietos kultūra“. Pranešimas: Bendruomeninės kūrybinės iniciatyvos kaip vietovės gaivinimo įrankis. Utena.
• 2o16, March 18: UNESCO: Kultūrų raiškos įvairovė – darnesnės visuomenės link | Diversity of Cultural Expressions, speaker. Vilnius.Convention | Press.
• 2o16, Feb 4-5: City Makers Pre-summit, at De Zwijger, Amsterdam: video.
• 2o15, Sept: Interdisciplinary exhibition “City close to the water”. Object “Komoda nr 3”. The Baltic House Lab exhibition. Gdansk, Poland.
• 2o14, Nov 23-25: the Baltic networks meeting: the Baltic House program. Gdansk, Poland.
• 2o14, Nov 7-8: InsideViews meeting (Life Long Learning Programme) in Liege, Belgium.
• 2o14, Nov 2-3: Caucasus Cultural Initiatives Network’s event and conference “Community Art as an Impulse for Intercultural Dialog”, Speaker. Tbilisi, Georgia.
• 2o14, Oct 28-29: Baltic urbanists network meeting at Riga (@Goethe-Institut Riga & Urban Institute Riga). Participantion in the round table.
• 2o14, Oct 27: Public discussion “Vilnius: a Public Space?” with the architect R. Palekas, urban anthropologist J. Lavrinec, and Vilnius mayor A. Zuokas at “Inconvenient Films Festival” (Nepatogus kinas), Vilnius.
• 2o14, Oct 23-25: Idea Camp 2014, European Cultural Foundation, Marseille.
• 2o14, Sept 10-15: Contemporary art festival “Survival Kit”, Riga. Urban furniture workshop by Jekaterina Lavrinec at Liksnas 26, symposium “Urban Utopia: Art and Culture as a Tool for Exploring and Researching a City” (Latvian Center for Contemporary Art | Urban Institute, Riga) & round table on the Otherness (Fargfabriken).
• 2o14, July 25-27: Summer school “Creative and social practices in public space”, St.Petersburg. Tutorship.
• 2o14, June 20-21: Hosting an international Grundtvig partnership seminar-workshop “Participatory and Arts-based Research Approaches: the engaging tactics of collecting and communicating ethnographic data”, Vilnius.
• 2o14, June 13-20: Public lecture & training session for the participants of the Kaukas summer school “Reanimation of public space”, Kaunas.
• 2o14, April 17-18: A training session and consultancy for regional active citizens groups, NVO’s, municipality and elder workers “Regeneration of public spaces: urban design principles and cases”, Utena district. LT: Viešųjų erdvių tvarkymo planavimas: dizaino principų taikymas ir geroji patirtis, Utenos raj., Utenos regiono vietos veiklos grupė.
• 2o14, Feb 21-March 8: Laimikis.lt takes part in running a winter school in Critical Mapping, curating workshops, which focus on the wooden Šnipiškės.
• 2o14, Jan 28-Feb 2: Visiting InsideViews partners in Paris. Host:
• 2o13 Nov 24-28: Visit to Fargfabriken, Stockholm. The Baltic meeting on art tactics, promoting citizen participation.
• 2o13 Nov 7-8: Presenters at “Social Entrepreneurship for Liveable Cities” Forum, Riga, Latvia
• Starting from Oct 27: Street blogging session by and in Coffee Inn at Pilies str., Vilnius
• 2o13 Oct 26: “Contemporary Diaries”: presentations on Street Blog and Cabinets of Curiosities (Cinema Book workshop)
• 2o13 Oct 2-4: Strategies of preserving the old and creating the new in the urban spaces: Cases of the Baltic region Countries (New Urban Topologies, the Center of Contemporary Art and Urbanism Fargfabriken & TOK), Saint Petersburg, Russia
• 2o13 May-October: Street Mosaic workshop, Guided tours, Developing alternative playground, Neighbours’ meetings in the wooden neighborhood of Šnipiškės.
• 2o13 June-August: public debates on the reconstruction of public spaces (Lukiškės sq.) in Vilnius and citizen participation on radio & in the press. Micro-protest action.
• 2o13, June 12: Colloquium Vilnense session V: Civil Society? Public Spaces of Memory: presentation “Building Community Spaces in Šnipiškės neighborhood”.
• 2o13, May 17-20: Inter-Context meeting in Riga. Laimikis team presented a work in progress in Šnipiškės neighborhood.
• 2o13, May 3-5: “Išeik į aikštę” (Come to the square!) festival at Cathedral sq., Vilnius.
• 2o13, April 24-28: Laimikis team visits their colleagues in Berlin and explores community gardens initiatives.
• 2o13, Jan 23 – Feb 2: Laimikis team visits their Portuguese colleagues (ICE), who develop a regional project, focused on the actualization of historical memory and cultural heritage. Castelo de Vide school, Instituto Politécnico de Portalegre, Ferreira do Alentejo municipality and several museums and galleries around the region are involved.